It has taken me something like 12 mascaras, 9 foundations, 11 lipsticks, 4 bronzing brushes and 3 eyeliners to find the best beauty products that actually have long lasting effect and finish! Below are my seven favourite beauty products not forgetting Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb perfume which isn’t featured here.
1. Topshop Eye pencil –
This thick black eye khol is great for a smoky look worn under the eye as eyeliner or on the eyelid.
I have tried a few pieces from the Topshop make up collection and have found this is one of their best.
2. YSL Perfect Touch Radiance Foundation –
Great, easy application with the use of attached brush. The foundation is not too thick or cakey looking. It seems to stay on all day and has a beautiful satin finish.
3. YSL False Lash Effect Mascara –
This mascara gives a fuller, thicker more intense look. It glides smoothly over the lashes and doesn’t leave any clumps. Best followed by an eyelash curler for maximum effect. The gold coating gives real weight and luxury quality to the mascara.
4. Essie Marshmallow nail polish –
This chip resistant formula Summer polish is perfect for a french manicure or can be used on its own. Don’t forget to use base coat and topcoat for extra shine!
5. Rouge D’Armani Lipstick –
This beautiful, bold lippy (colour 401) has moisturising properties, colour bond technology and remains perfectly applied for up to 8 hours. Oh, and it even has a magnetic lid! What more can we ask for in a lipstick.
6. MAC Select Moisture Cover –
This moisturising, natural blend concealer
is not only easy to apply but gives great coverage of dark circles, spots or blemishes. I use it under my eyes to cover any tired spots.
7. Essential Therapy make up brush – I bought this at the Professional Beauty show last year and it is one of the cheapest bronzer brushes I own. Its handbag size and the hairs don’t malt on your face like some of the cheap brushes do.